Es ist: 17.12.2017, 18:34 Hallo, Gast! (AnmeldenRegistrieren)
Neue Beiträge ansehen | Heutige Beiträge ansehen

Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
BEREA, Ohio - Sarah Thomas starts the day at her second job by tucking her long blond
06.11.2017, 06:04
Beitrag: #1
BEREA, Ohio - Sarah Thomas starts the day at her second job by tucking her long blond
BEREA, Ohio - Sarah Thomas starts the day at her second job by tucking her long blond hair inside her cap, so she doesnt get noticed. Jerome Bettis Jersey . On a football field, thats impossible. Thomas doesnt consider herself a pioneer, just "one of the guys." But as one of two female officials in the NFLs officiating development program, Thomas has a chance to break barriers in a male-dominated profession. This week, Thomas, a former college basketball player, current college official and mother of three whose full-time job is as pharmaceutical sales representative, worked with a crew of officials during Browns mini-camp. Like the players, she worked on improving her skills and honing her craft. One day, she hopes to be on the field with the pros. But not because of her gender. "I am a female, but I dont look at myself as just a female," she said. "I look at myself as an official." Thomas began her officiating career in 1996, when an NFL scout spotted her working a high school game. From there, she joined Conference USA and was invited to join the NFLs developmental program, now in its second year. Thomas worked some training camps and preseason games last season. The next step is a regular-season game, and the earliest that can happen is 2015. Its not her call, so to speak, but Thomas believes shes ready. If this week was any indication, Thomas could be on her way. "Shes done a good job," Browns coach Mike Pettine said after practice Thursday. Pettine believes its time for the league to welcome female officials. "If shes efficient and good at what she does, I have no issues with it," Pettine said. "I think the best compliment somebody paid to her was when someone said, What did you think of the female official? And they said, Theres a female official out here? I thought she was on point." Browns cornerback Joe Haden joked that Thomas was a little whistle happy. "She was calling everything," Haden said, smiling. "I couldnt snap on her. I was chilling." Thomas said her goal is to blend in. She doesnt want to stand out because of her sex — or worse, because shes not competent. Shes dedicated to being a solid, fair and mostly unseen, which is why she pulls her hair up under her cap. Still, sometimes players do a double take when they see her on the field. "I think sometimes they go What is that?" she said. "Yes, I do tuck my hair and at first I really wasnt too sure why. But I get it. We dont want to be noticed and anything I can do to blend in — I like it when I leave the field and people go I told you that was a girl." Thomas has two boys and an 18-month-old girl. She said her sons are most interested in her nabbing some NFL attire or autographs, "I cant do that," she said. Her children have never thought about their mom being anything other than an official, so they dont really grasp that she could make history as the NFLs first female official. "They just know mom officiates and its nothing foreign to them or pioneering or anything," she said. "I do this." ___ AP NFL website http://www.pro32.ap.org Mike Webster Jersey . Patty Mills had 20 points, Tim Duncan had 11 points and 13 rebounds in limited action, and San Antonio rolled to a 110-82 victory over Milwaukee that kept the Bucks winless in the new year. Landry Jones Jersey .com) - One point guard will return, while another will sit when the Minnesota Timberwolves visit American Airlines Center to take on the Dallas Mavericks. http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Vinc...te-Jersey/ . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said.From one national open to another, the focus shifts from Royal Liverpool to Royal Montreal for the Canadian Open, where Graham DeLaet, David Hearn and Mike Weir lead a contingent of 19 hometown hopefuls on a quest to end a 60-year drought. Watch coverage of the first two rounds live on TSN and TSN GO on Thursday and Friday beginning at 3pm et/Noon pt. The weight of becoming the first Canadian winner since Pat Fletcher in 1954 will remain at the forefront of the tournament until the streak is broken, but the consensus among the Canucks, as Weyburn, Sask. native Graham DeLeat so eloquently puts it, is to "just play golf." "I think a lot of times we put a little too much pressure on ourselves so maybe this year I can just let it all go … and be contention," he said. "Thats all you can ask for and hopefully we get it done Sunday afternoon." DeLaet, the highest ranked Canadian on the World Golf Ranking at 38, was anything but close to ending the drought last year at Oakville, Ont.s Glen Abbey golf course. He shot a 1-over in the first two rounds to miss the cut. David Hearn and Mike Weir fared much better, finishing at 4-under and 3-under, respectively. Weir has sniffed PGA victory on home soil before, falling in a three-hole playoff to Vijay Singh at the 2004 Bell Canadian Open – the closest any Canadian has come since Fletcher. "I was very close one time and not too far away a couple of other times, so Id like to just get myself in that position again and see if something wood be different this time," Weir said. "Id love to do it and if I dont do it, I want one of the other Canadians to do it but it is in the back of our minds, wed like to break that streak." Hearn looks to have the most going for him as far as his game is concerned. He was a late inclusion into last weeks British Open – his first appearance – after former champ Mark Calcavecchia was forced to withdraw duee to travel issues. Javon Hargrave Jersey. nbsp;Although the Brampton, Ontario native wasnt close to Rory McIlroys winning score of 17-under, his 3-under was an honourable showing for a first foray into Open Championship waters. "It was pretty exciting for me to get that opportunity last week and be in my first Open Championship," Hearn said. "The spectators and the fans over there were unbelievably receptive. The golf course was truly unique for me and unique experience to play something so different." The change of scenery from the treacherous links to luscious parkland golf could be troublesome for some golfers, but Hearn isnt interested in focusing on course specifics. "Good golf is still good golf and good shots get rewarded, so I feel like, myself, Im playing really good golf and I controlled my ball really well last week and if I do a lot of those things again out here this week I think its going to be a good week," Hearn said. And even if Hearn was interested in discussing the intricacies of playing at Royal Montreal, his frame of reference may be a little small. Well, actually, non-existent. "Ive heard great things. … The last time the Open was here was 2001 and I had just turned pro, so I wasnt playing in the event yet," Hearn said. "From what I understand its a very traditional golf course – very narrow off the tee and small greens – so all of those things suit my game very well." As for the streak, Hearn wasnt getting into specifics on that either. “I think theres a tremendous amount of talent on tour right now. Graham, myself and Mike have been really close within the last couple of years for winning an event. Outside of us there are still a tremendous number of players behind that that have the ability to win a tournament any given week,” he said. “You just never know whos going to be good that week and weve got enough Canadians in this field that its going to happen soon." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Kontakt | Portal | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation