Es ist: 19.09.2018, 11:32 Hallo, Gast! (AnmeldenRegistrieren)
Neue Beiträge ansehen | Heutige Beiträge ansehen

Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
BOSTON -- Jake Arrieta certainly picked two of baseballs most historic places to put
27.02.2018, 09:25
Beitrag: #1
BOSTON -- Jake Arrieta certainly picked two of baseballs most historic places to put
BOSTON -- Jake Arrieta certainly picked two of baseballs most historic places to put on memorable performances. Custom San Diego Padres Jerseys . Arrieta held the Red Sox hitless until Stephen Drew singled with two outs in the eighth inning, and the Chicago Cubs beat the Boston Red Sox 2-0 on Monday night in the opener of only the second series between the teams at Fenway Park since 1918. Six days after losing a perfect game on a leadoff single in the seventh inning of his previous start at Wrigley Field against Cincinnati, Arrieta took his no-hit bid a little deeper at Fenway. He allowed only Mike Napolis fifth-inning walk before Drew lined a sharp single to right. "Its special to do it in this ballpark," Arrieta said. "It was special to do it last week in Wrigley and to do it here in these two parks is pretty special." Starting the season on the disabled list with shoulder tightness, the 28-year old right-hander was pushing his pitch limit before Drew lined a 2-2 pitch. Arrieta (5-1) was lifted by Cubs manager Rick Renteria immediately following the hit that came on his career-high 120th pitch. The 28-year-old Arrieta was given a loud ovation before he even got to the foul line, tipping his cap to the Boston crowd. He tipped it again after crossing the line. "Something like that in Fenway is pretty rare for an opposing team, so yeah I got some goosebumps there," he said. "Thats why you play this game, for moments like that. I was very thankful to be a part of something like that." Arrieta fanned 10 in just his 11th start of the season. "Awesome. That was some kind of awesome," Renteria said of the ovation. "We were standing out there at the mound. That was some show of respect." Drews hit ensured the Red Sox wouldnt be no-hit for the first time since Cubs pitching coach Chris Bosio pitched a no-no against Boston in 1993 for Seattle. Arrietas performance helped jog Bosios memory of his special night. "Everything," Bosio said when asked what he recalled from his no-hitter. "We had just come off a long road trip from Detroit and Toronto and I was real sick before the game. I had cut my warmup in half. I pretty much remember everything from the game. Every play, every at-bat right up until the last out." Hector Rondon allowed a pinch-hit single to A.J. Pierzynski leading off the ninth before finishing the two-hitter for his 10th save. "Three above-average pitches with above average command," Boston manager John Farrell said of Arrieta. "A lot of power to his fastball. Stayed out of the middle of the plate. He was outstanding." Nate Schierholtz hit a two-run homer for Chicago. Jake Peavy (1-7) is winless in his last 12 starts. He gave up two runs on five hits, walking two and striking out seven in six innings. In just the second regular season series at Fenway between the clubs since Boston won the 1918 World Series in six games, Arrieta mixed his pitches by combining a sharp cutter and curve with an above-average fastball. "He located everything. Hes got great stuff," Bostons Dustin Pedroia said. "He kept every pitch out of the zone. I had three at-bats and I dont think I got one good pitch to hit." The Red Sox, who arrived in Boston around 4 a.m. after a win Sunday night in New York against the Yankees, really didnt have anything close to a hit before Drews brought up a roar from the crowd. Arrieta fell behind Napoli 3-0 before getting a called strike. Napoli then fouled a pitch off before drawing a walk on the next pitch. Xander Bogaerts lined to left after Napolis walk. Arrieta, who started the season on the disabled list with the shoulder tightness, made his first start of the season on May 3. Hes been spectacular in June. Coming in, he allowed just four runs and 20 hits in 31 2-3 innings, winning his three previous starts. The Cubs took a 2-0 lead in the fourth when Welington Castillo walked and Schierholtz followed with his homer into Bostons bullpen. Arrieta was acquired by the Cubs last July along with right-hander Pedro Strop from Baltimore for pitcher Scott Feldman, catcher Steve Clevenger and two international signing bonus slots. The last time Boston was no-hit at home, Ted Williams flied out to right field for the final out of Detroit ace Jim Bunnings gem on July 20, 1958 in the opener of a doubleheader. NOTES: Carlos Zambrano pitched the Cubs last no-hitter, in 2008. ... Cubs senior vice-president of scouting and player development Jason McLeod told reporters on the field before the game that he withdrew his name from consideration for the San Diego GM job. "Certainly being a GM is really something I hope to do sometime in the future," he said. "But right now, I felt this is where I want to be." ... Boston rookie Mookie Betts played centre field after making his major-league debut in right at Yankee Stadium on Sunday night. CF Jackie Bradley Jr. was rested. "Theres going to be a little rotation of guys in four positions," Farrell said. Trevor Cahill Jersey . Observant Muslims avoid food and liquids from dawn to dusk during Ramadan but can, and often do, skip it if travelling or doing hard physical labour. Some devout Muslim athletes choose to fast during training or competition, but it can create selection difficulties for the coaches in team sports. Yangervis Solarte Jersey .Jeff Green, playing in his second preseason game after missing the first four because of a calf strain, had 18 points. The Celtics (3-3) shot 47.2 per cent from the floor and made 15 of 37 3-point attempts. http://www.baseballpadresofficial.com/da...rsey-c-10/ . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that the team is quietly gauging interest on the Senators captain, though Spezza has a limited no-trade clause and carries a large contract.NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Predators earned a rare shootout win.Ryan Ellis scored the decisive goal in the shootout to give Nashville a 4-3 victory over the Arizona Coyotes on Tuesday night.Mike Ribeiro, Ellis, and James Neal scored in regulation for Nashville, winners of two of three.In the tiebreaker, Ellis drove left before stretching to the right to slip the puck between Arizona goaltender Devan Dubnyk and the right post.I got a couple of moves in my bag, and that was just one of them, Ellis said. If it works, it works, if it doesnt, it doesnt. Tonight we were fortunate that it did.Nashville won just two of 11 shootouts last season and lost its only previous one of this season.Ellis also had two assists in the victory.Rob Klinkhammer, Keith Yandle, and Martin Erat scored for Arizona. The Coyotes have lost two straight.Following a 6-1 home loss Saturday to St. Louis, Arizona coach Dave Tippett was pleased with Tuesdays effort.We were looking for a response from our team, and we certainly got it, Tippett said. I thought Dubnyk played well in goal for us but our whole team competed in the areas that we wanted to a lot better.Klinkhammer scored the games first goal at 3:21 of the opening period.David Moss carried the puck into the Nashville zone on the right side before sending a pass to an unchecked Klinkhammer who was skating through the slot and had an easy tap-in for his second of the season.Ribeiro tied the game at 12:05 of the first at the tail end of a rare 4-on-1 rush off of an assist from Ellis. Ribeiro was trying to make a pass, but the puck slipped by Dubnyk.I was actually trying to pass and I kind of fanned on it, Ribeiro said. At the beginning, it was a 2-on-1 for me and I was going to try and pass to James and when I got inside the blue line, I saw two righties coming, so it was a 4-on-1. I was lucky on the goal, but we will take any goal.In the off-season, the Coyotes bought out the remaining three years of tthe four-year, $22 million deal he signed prior to the start of last season. Jhoulys Chacin Jersey. He then signed a one-year contract with the Predators for just over $1 million.Ellis gave Nashville its first lead of the game at 5:12 of the middle frame.Just three seconds after a penalty to Arizonas Brandon McMillan expired, Ellis beat Dubnyk to the short side with a wrist shot from the top of the right circle.Dubnyk made 23 saves in regulation in overtime. He is 1-0-1 on the young season.I want to give them that feeling that I am going to be solid for them back there, he said. The more games I am able to play, then obviously they will get a feel for me. It makes it easier for me when the guys play like that.Dubnyk had a brief stint in Nashville last season after the Predators acquired him in a trade with the Edmonton Oilers. With Nashville, Dubnyk had a record of 0-1-1, allowing nine goals against in the two games played. Nashville later traded him to the Montreal Canadiens.Yandle tied the game at 2 at 11:18 of the second.Just three seconds after Nashvilles Calle Jarnkrok was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct, Yandle collected Antoine Vermettes faceoff win and beat Nashville goaltender Pekka Rinne with a wrist shot high to the glove side.Erat and Neal traded goals at 7:42 and 8:03 of the third respectively.Erat, a longtime Predator, sits second in Nashville franchise history in games played and goals scored.The game tonight had peaks and valleys in it for us, but yet they continued to push. Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said. I thought the goal to get us back to 3-3 really was a big important goal because at that point the steam could leave the building and leave everybody.Notes: Klinkhammers goal was the first time Arizona scored first in a game this season. ... Yandle played his 500th career NHL game. ... Arizona played its first road game of the season. ... Ribeiro has points in four consecutive games. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Kontakt | Portal | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation