Es ist: 21.06.2018, 11:01 Hallo, Gast! (AnmeldenRegistrieren)
Neue Beiträge ansehen | Heutige Beiträge ansehen

Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
CALGARY -- First they smashed the start record, then they broke it again. [url=http:/
19.01.2018, 10:02
Beitrag: #1
CALGARY -- First they smashed the start record, then they broke it again. [url=http:/
CALGARY -- First they smashed the start record, then they broke it again. Portugal Jerseys . Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse also set a new Canadian track record while they were at it, emphatically showing to the rest of the womens bobsled field that the Olympic champions are back and better than ever. The Canadian duo won gold in their first World Cup race together in over two years Saturday, blazing down the Canada Olympic Park track in 55.89 seconds to seal the victory and trim nearly a quarter-second off the previous record in the process. "It just felt comfortable right from Day 1 as soon as Heather came back in the summer," Humphries said. "Being with her again, everything kind of came back and it just fit." Humphries, from Calgary, and Moyse, from Summerside, P.E.I., posted a two-run time of one minute 52.77 seconds to finish over a half-second ahead of Americans Elana Meyers and Aja Evans, who took silver in 1:53.33. Another American duo, Jamie Greubel and Katie Eberling, took the bronze in 1:53.62. Earlier, American Steven Holcomb completed a sweep of the mens races with a victory in the four-man event while Canadian Chris Spring just missed the podium with a fourth-place finish. Humphries won a world title last year with Chelsea Valois and has reached the podium at 14 straight events. Moyse, who competed in track cycling and rugby while taking a break from bobsled, has returned in top condition after undergoing hip surgery a year ago. The Canadians didnt wait long to display the form that led them to gold at the 2010 Vancouver Games. Moyse, who won a push competition here last weekend, helped power the Canada 1 sled to a start record of 5.48 seconds. Another three-100ths of a second was trimmed off the mark in the second run. It was the kind of performance Moyse had in mind over the last year as she underwent a gruelling training schedule and rehabilitation to get back to her previous level after surgery. "Just determination and the sheer red-headed willpower and stubbornness of wanting to prove to myself that I can do it," Moyse said of her motivation. The Canadians first started sliding together in 2009. Off and on, they have spent about 2 1/2 years together as a duo. They beat the previous Canadian track record of 56.06, which was set by Lesa Mayes-Stringer and Jamie Cruickshank in 2005. Shauna Rohbock and Valerie Fleming of the United States set the all-time womens track mark of 55.44 that same year. Its early in the season, but Humphries and Moyse are already the clear favourites to return to the top of the podium in Sochi this February. "I think we take the pressure off of each other ... were doing this because we want to do it, not because we have to do it," Moyse said. "And I think that when we keep reminding ourselves that were here because we want to be here, then it helps to melt away all the outside stresses. "I think thats how we did it in Vancouver and hopefully we can just keep doing that this year." Edmontons Jennifer Ciochetti and Valois, from Zenon Park, Sask., were ninth. Holcomb, the reigning Olympic gold medallist, guided his team of Curt Tomasevicz, Steven Langton and Chris Fogt to a two-run time of 1:48.56. Germanys Maximilian Arndt and Russias Alexander Zubkov finished tied for second place in 1:48.65. Spring, from Calgary, was fourth in 1:48.67. "Were a little off the podium, its not what we wanted but there are lots of positives to come out of this," he said. "Well leave here pretty happy and moving on to the next stop, weve got some good momentum coming our way." Spring was eighth after the first run but had the fastest time in the second run on a cool, overcast afternoon. Holcomb and Langton won gold in the two-man race on Friday at the season-opening event. "For us to have this first World Cup under our belts with a new team and new equipment, its kind of like having a monkey off our back," Langton said. "It gives us that confidence moving forward." Spring and Jesse Lumsden of Burlington, Ont., won bronze in the two-man race. They were joined by Cody Sorensen of Ottawa and Saskatoons Ben Coakwell for the four-man competition. The other Canadian mens sleds also cracked the top 10 on Saturday. Lyndon Rush of Humboldt, Sask., was sixth in 1:48.88 and Justin Kripps of Summerland, B.C., was ninth in 1:49.02. Rush was joined by David Bissett and Neville Wright, both of Edmonton, and Calgarys Lascelles Brown. Kripps piloted James MacNaughton of Newmarket, Ont., Torontos Tim Randall and Graeme Rinholm of Medicine Hat, Alta. The World Cup season continues next weekend with an event in Park City, Utah. Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey . Louis Blues brought in the premier unrestricted free agent centre, and did it without breaking the bank. Raphael Guerreiro Jersey . - Connor Brown and Dane Fox both scored in regulation and in the shootout, as the Erie Otters extended their win streak to 10 games by defeating the London Knights 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.soccerportugalshop.com/world-...ll-jersey/ .Y. - Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs didnt flinch in the face of adversity.1) Im about to read your mind. You want to pick the Los Angeles Kings to win the Stanley Cup, but you think theyre tired and you know the New York Rangers are well-rested, so youre not sure. But I am. Im right, arent I? 2) When Steve Ballmer told his friends he was investing two billion dollars in a sports venture, do you assume they asked him which league he was buying? 3) Do you know what FIFA stands for? Im starting to think that one or both "Fs" stand for "Fix". 4) Would it jinx Mark Buehrle if I told you that Roy Halladay was 7-2 on this day 11 years ago and went on to set the Blue Jays record with 22 wins? Thus, jinx or not, Buehrle is well ahead of Halladays 2003 pace with his 10-1 record. 5) For all the times you might have said you couldnt cheer for LeBron James, did you ever think that would be as easy as Lance Stephenson made it during the Heat-Pacers series? 6) I dont root for the Chicago Blackhawks or for any other team, but can you understand that Chicagos 7th-game loss to the Kings saddens me because it means anthem singer Jim Cornelison is off for the summer? 7) And speaking of big voices, wouldnt you drive to work with more enthusiasm if Bob Cole was describing the trip from the passenger seat? 8) If Steve (Basket)-Ballmer has another two billion dollars, which he does, do you think he might like to buy the Buffalo Bills, move them to Los Angeles and become Steve (Foot)-Ballmer? 9) Are we getting ahead of ourselves if we watch this weeks Blue Jays-Tigers series and imagine that its a playoff series? 10) I know its pro sports and theres no room for sentiment when tough decisions have to be made, so its clear we shouldnt feel sorry for Peter Budaj. But how do you ignore the fact that Carey Price called him "one of the nicest people Ive ever met"? 11) What should I make of the following - when once I raised eyebrows by saying I might watch soccers World Cup, I now raise eyebrows by saying I might not? 12) I know you never thought youd see this, but Im saying youll never see it again - two batters (KCs Billy Butler and Omar Infante), after hitting apparent singles to right field, were thrown out at first base by Jose Bautista in back-to-back games. Danilo Pereira Jersey. Do you think you might see that again? If so, let me know and Ill bet you two billion dollars. 13) The Memorial is otherwise known as Jack Nicklaus golf tournament. Is it time to admit youre old if you remember the events that used to bear the names of Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Glen Campbell, Sammy Davis Jr., Joe Garagiola, Jackie Gleason, Dean Martin, Ed McMahon, Danny Thomas and Jamie Farr? 14) Are you curious to know why Los Angeles Kings playoff hero Alec Martinez didnt take up baseball like Dennis, Edgar, Pedro, Victor, Carlos, Buck, Dave, J.D., Nick, Tino etc. etc.? 15) When Torontonians read about citizens the world over who have voted against Olympic bids by their cities, do they have trouble remembering when they voted to support the staging of the 2015 Pan-American Games? 16) A Toronto Argos press release began with the announcement that Chad Kackert had been named the teams strength and conditioning coach. Shouldnt the first line have dealt with the retirement of the 2012 Grey Cups most valuable player? 17) Do you wonder, as I do, why NHL players on their way to the Stanley Cup final refuse to touch the trophies that signify conference titles, but have no trouble donning hats that do the same thing? 18) I thought it sounded silly when David Ortiz declared "war" on David Price of the Tampa Rays, but let me ask you this - if you were casting a movie and you needed someone to put fear in the heart of the enemy, wouldnt Big Papi fit the part? (As long as he wasnt talking about baseball, I mean). 19) Alex Ovechkin called Barry Trotz to welcome him to Washington. Just in case the new coach might wonder whos boss? 20) And finally...if the Stanley Cup Final finds you humming the 70s disco hit "From New York to LA", you should know who sang it. Do you? (See below, music lovers). Video - "From New York to LA" - Patsy Gallant (Campbellton, New Brunswick). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Kontakt | Portal | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation