Es ist: 24.05.2018, 05:03 Hallo, Gast! (AnmeldenRegistrieren)
Neue Beiträge ansehen | Heutige Beiträge ansehen

Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
KANSAS CITY, Mo. [url=http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Xavier-Grimble-Elite-Jersey
24.10.2017, 04:01
Beitrag: #1
KANSAS CITY, Mo. [url=http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Xavier-Grimble-Elite-Jersey
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Xavier Grimble Jersey . -- Rick Porcello is already in his sixth full season in the big leagues, which makes it all the easier to forget that the Tigers right-hander is still just 25 years old. "I do think hes still learning himself a little bit," Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said after an 8-2 win over the Kansas City Royals, a game that Porcello dominated for seven innings. "Rick has really matured dramatically over his time here," Ausmus said. "You have to remember the guy is pretty young. You think hes older because hes been in the starting rotation." Porcello (4-1) gave up a sacrifice fly to Eric Hosmer, a solo homer to Billy Butler and little else Friday night. He wound up allowing four hits while striking out six without a walk. "Throwing first-pitch strikes I think was the biggest key tonight," he said. "Being ahead 0-1 instead of 1-0 is huge. You can go a lot of different ways when you do that." Victor Martinez had a pair of doubles and drove in two runs, and J.D. Martinez and Alex Avila also drove in two runs apiece as the Tigers won their fourth straight against the Royals. Meanwhile, Shields (3-3) allowed eight runs -- seven of them earned -- on 12 hits, a walk and a hit batter in 6 1-3 innings. It was the worst outing for the Royals ace since last September, when Shields allowed 10 runs in another lousy start against the Tigers. "I threw some good pitches. Thats a good hitting ball club over there," he said. "I wasnt locating my pitches. I was getting behind in the count. I didnt do my job out there, bottom line. Ive got to do a better job of getting outs. Its just one of those games." As if that wasnt bad enough, the Royals also lost All-Star catcher Salvador Perez when he fouled a pitch off his shin in the seventh inning. He was listed as day to day with a bruise. Shields first got into trouble in the second, when he loaded the bases but escaped the jam unscathed. But things only got worse in the third, when a single by Torii Hunter and back-to-back doubles by Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez gave Detroit a 2-1 lead. They never gave it back the rest of the game. J.D. Martinez kept the onslaught going when he led off the fourth with a double, and Avila followed by hitting the first pitch of his at-bat for his first homer of the season. Detroit added another run later in the inning when Andrew Romine reached third on an error by the Royals Mike Moustakas, and then scored on a double-play groundout. Butler provided the only bright spot the rest of the way for Kansas City, guiding a line drive over the fence in left field for his first homer of the season -- and the first by any hitter batting in the cleanup spot in the Royals lineup. "I knew I hit it good. I didnt know if it was high enough to get out," Butler said. "I knew I hit it hard, but didnt hit it very high. I couldnt see if it was fair or foul. I knew it was really close, too." Shields was finally pulled in the seventh, allowing another run and leaving the bases loaded while recording one out. Reliever Kelvin Herrera gave up a double to J.D. Martinez that brought in two more runs and gave the Tigers an 8-2 lead. That was plenty of support for Porcello, who had been miserable in the month of April until this season, when he went 3-1 with a 3.96 ERA. He kept that momentum going against Kansas City, a team he oddly never faced last season, retiring his final 12 batters. "Hes been throwing the ball great all season long," Victor Martinez said. "Hes showing hes young but he knows what hes doing out there. Hes giving us a great chance to win ballgames." NOTES: The Tigers announced the signing of RHP Joel Hanrahan on Friday. The former All-Star underwent Tommy John surgery last May after nine appearances for the Red Sox. ... The Royals put LHP Bruce Chen (bulging disc) on the DL and recalled RHP Aaron Brooks from Triple-A Omaha. ... LHP Drew Smyly will start for Detroit on Saturday. LHP Danny Duffy is on the mound for Kansas City. Rod Woodson Jersey . General Manager Sam Presti said the three-time All-Star had knee swelling that would not subside, and the procedure was intended to solve the problem. He said doctors determined that a loose stitch was to blame for the swelling, that Westbrooks lateral meniscus has healed properly and the procedure was successful. Kevin Greene Jersey . The D-Backs came into being in 1998 and appear destined to finish second in the AL West after the Tsunami that is the Los Angeles Dodgers swept over them. I thought it might be interesting to see what the D-backs have done over their 16 years compared to what the Blue Jays have done over their past 16 campaigns. http://www.steelerspronfl.com/Youth-Arth...te-Jersey/ . Dwyane Wade took over in the fourth quarter. NASHVILLE -- Geno Auriemma and UConn reached the top of womens college basketball in unprecedented fashion. After winning a record ninth national championship -- they stand alone. The Huskies reached the pinnacle in style, routing Notre Dame in the first NCAA basketball championship game featuring undefeated teams. Auriemma and his Huskies now have one more title than Pat Summitt and Tennessee for most all-time, and they did it in the Hall of Famers backyard. The Huskies had struggled recently against the Irish, but not Tuesday night, cruising to a 79-58 win. "It means weve done something no one else has ever done," Auriemma said. "Flattered and grateful and all the things that come with this kind of accomplishment. ... Im more proud of the legacy that exists and what Connecticut basketball is as opposed to the number of championships." Breanna Stewart, who was The Associated Press Player of the Year, scored 21 points to lead the Huskies (40-0) while Stefanie Dolson added 17 points, 16 rebounds and seven assists. Auriemma took out his senior centre with a minute left and the game well in hand with the pair embracing in a long hug. "We beat a great, great team," Auriemma said. "Notre Dame is a great team. For them to have the season they had and lose their starting centre and to do what they did, I cant say enough about their players, coaching staff and it took everything we have. I knew if we played great wed have a chance to win." The victory also meant that UConn is now the centre of the college basketball world with both the mens and womens teams winning the championship in the same year again. The mens team beat Kentucky in the title game Monday night. This pair of victories came a decade after the Huskies became the only Division I school to accomplish the feat. "I couldnt be prouder of what the men did last night," Auriemma said. Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw congratulated the UConn coach when they shook hands after the game. "I said something like, I thought we were playing the Miami Heat for a while you guys are just that good. What a great season, you know things like that," McGraw said. "I thought ... LeBron was the only thing they were missing." While the names change at UConn, from Rebecca Lobo to Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and now Stewart, Auriemma has been the constant, winning nine titles in only 20 seasons -- including the last two. Hes never lost in a national championship game. "Congratulations to the UConn Huskies for winning the 2014 NCAA National Chammpionship!," Summitt said in a statement emailed to The Associated Press. Alejandro Villanueva Jersey. "My compliments also to coach Geno Auriemma for winning his ninth national title. He has accomplished this feat in record time." It was the fifth unbeaten season for Auriemma and UConn and the first time the Huskies went 40-0 -- matching Baylor as the only schools to accomplish that feat. The victory was also Connecticuts 46th straight dating back to last seasons NCAA tournament title run. Its the third longest streak in school history -- well short of the NCAA record 90 straight they won. The loss was Notre Dames third in the title game in the past four years. Kayla McBride finished off her stellar career with 21 points to lead the Irish, who were looking for their first championship since 2001. "Obviously we wanted to finish this season with a championship," said Irish freshman Taya Reimer, who replaced Achonwa in the starting lineup. "Right now, it is hard to think about. It hurts a lot." After proving to be no challenge for the Huskies during the first 15 years of the rivalry which began in 1995, Notre Dame had owned the series lately, winning seven of the previous nine meetings. UConn though has won the last two, eliminating Notre Dame in the Final Four last season before topping them in the championship game this year. The former Big East rivals played an entertaining first half in the highly anticipated matchup that womens basketball hoped could transcend the sport. The programs dont care for each other and the coaches added to the drama of the game with their verbal sparring on Monday. But it was Auriemma who got the last word again. Even with the loss, it was a record-setting season for the Irish. Notre Dame lost Skylar Diggins to graduation and changed conferences to the ACC. Neither mattered as they ran through their opponents, winning by an average of 25.6 points while taking both the conference regular season and tournament championships. The Irish lost senior Natalie Achonwa to a torn ACL in the regional final win over Baylor. Notre Dame wore warmup shirts with Achonwas nickname "Ace" below her No. 11. The team played inspired basketball in the Final Four win over Maryland where Notre Dame outrebounded the Terps by a record margin. The Irish couldnt muster a similar effort against UConn. The Huskies outrebounded the Irish 54-31 and held them to a season-low in points. "They got comfortable," McBride said. "They got into a rhythm, and it just went downhill from there." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Kontakt | Portal | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation