Es ist: 21.06.2018, 11:00 Hallo, Gast! (AnmeldenRegistrieren)
Neue Beiträge ansehen | Heutige Beiträge ansehen

Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
MIAMI - Jhonny Peralta is relieved that his long absence is over. [url=http://www.hoc
19.01.2018, 10:09
Beitrag: #1
MIAMI - Jhonny Peralta is relieved that his long absence is over. [url=http://www.hoc
MIAMI - Jhonny Peralta is relieved that his long absence is over. Rene Bourque Jersey . Peralta played in his first game since completing a 50-game suspension, and had a hit and an RBI in the Detroit Tigers 3-2 loss to the Miami Marlins on Friday night. "I felt pretty good," Peralta said. "I saw the ball well, the breaking ball and everything. I made good contact." Peralta, who was suspended as a result of Major League baseballs investigation into Biogenesis, the Florida anti-aging clinic accused of distributing performance-enhancing drugs, started in left field. He had his first chance on Giancarlo Stantons bases-loaded double in the third inning that gave Miami a 3-0 lead. The Marlins loaded the bases on Koyle Hills leadoff single and consecutive two-out walks to Placido Polanco and Christian Yelich. "I played deep to him, close to the wall," said Peralta, a career infielder trying a new position in an effort to earn a spot on Detroits post-season roster. "Thats what they told me to do. He hit it perfect, close to the line. There was nothing I could do." Peraltas run-scoring double chased Miami starter Tom Koehler in the sixth and cut the Marlins lead to 3-2. "He was slow getting to the ball by Stanton," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said of Peralta. "But overall he did fine — first time out there in a big league game." The loss guaranteed AL Central champion Detroit will open the division series on the road. Oakland beat Seattle and holds a two-game lead over the Tigers for home-field advantage with two to play. The Athletics hold the tiebreaker, having won the season series 4-3. "You cant win a division title if you cant win on the road," Leyland said. "Ive always been proud to take my team on the road. I think sometimes — to be honest — the pressure is on the home team more." Stanton drove in three runs for the Marlins and Koehler (5-10) pitched 5 1-3 innings, allowing two runs and five hits while walking three and striking out three. "We had some great at-bats, were patient," Miami manager Mike Redmond said. "(Stanton) was fortunate enough to come up with the bases loaded and hit it down the line." Ryan Webb relieved Koehler and pitched 1 2-3 scoreless innings and Chad Qualls followed with a perfect eighth. Steve Cishek pitched a scoreless ninth for his 29th consecutive save and 34th in 36 opportunities. "It was a great way to go out," said Koehler, who battled a stomach virus before the game. "Ive been real pleased the way Ive been throwing the ball the last couple of outings. I only feel the experience Ive had here is going to help me in the future." The Tigers scored their first run on Austin Jacksons run-scoring single in the fifth. Koehler struck out Andy Dirks to end the Tigers threat. Detroits Jose Alvarez (1-5) lasted 2 2-3 innings in his return to the starting rotation after eight relief appearances. He allowed three runs and two hits, walking two and striking out three in his first start since Aug. 16. Earlier Friday, the Marlins fired Larry Beinfest, the teams president of baseball operations. Beinfest had overseen player personnel for the Marlins since 2002. NOTES: Former Marlin Miguel Cabrera received a warm ovation before his first at-bat in the first inning and after he was removed for a pinch runner following his leadoff single in the sixth. Cabrera, who went 2 for 3, played with the Marlins the first five seasons of his career before being traded to Detroit in 2008. ... 1B Prince Fielder was replaced by Don Kelly after he walked to lead off the second. ... The roof at Marlins Park was open for the 14th time in the season..Marlins 3B Placido Polanco reached over the railing and landed in the stands to catch Don Kellys pop-up in the eighth inning. Teemu Selanne Jersey . Next up is another showdown with Michigan. Payne scored 18 points, Branden Dawson had 14 and No. 22 Michigan State beat No. 12 Wisconsin 83-75 on Saturday to reach the Big Ten tournament championship. Tyson Jost Jersey . Alvarez hit his first career home run, pitched six innings and hurt his right hamstring while running the bases in the Miami Marlins 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs. http://www.hockeyavalancheteamshop.com/C...as-Jersey/ . -- Jonas Hiller is cautiously confident he has kicked his vertigo.MALMO, SWEDEN - Mathew Dumba has been rooming with 17-year-old Aaron Ekblad during the World Junior Hockey Championship and has noticed something about his younger teammate. "He has the body of like a 35, 40-year-old. The guy shaves his chest every week. I cant believe it. Hes a man-child. Hes like, I dont know, just a huge human being. I call him Shrek," said Dumba while a bemused Ekblad stood a few metres away shaking his head. Dumba isnt the first person to notice that Ekblad, along with Kootenay Ice forward Sam Reinhart - a top contender to be the No. 1 pick in the next NHL draft, seems to be growing at a ridiculously fast rate. "The Shrek thing actually started with Boone Jenner when we were playing against the Oshawa Generals back in the day," explained Ekblad, a 6-foot-4, 216-pound defenceman, who plays for the Barrie Colts in the Ontario Hockey League. "A couple of the guys, [including] Michael Dal Colle, picked it up and a guy on my team, Brendan Lemieux, picked it up and some other guys started calling me that and it kind of caught on a little bit. "Im not sure I like it too much, though." Wait a second. Is Ekblad not a fan of Shrek, a 2001 movie named for the main character, a large green ogre voiced by Mike Myers? "No, I like Shrek," Ekblad says not missing a beat. "Im just not sure I look like him." The quick-witted Ekblad, the second of now four players granted exceptional status in the OHL allowing them to be drafted at age 15, thinks just as fast on the ice. Despite being the second-youngest player on Team Canada, he has been among the top minute munchers while playing alongside Pittsburgh Penguins 2012 first-round pick (eighth overall) Derrick Pouliot. Ekblad has learned a lot from the Portland Winterhawks blueliner. "Wow, poise, hes got so much poise and patience with the puck," Ekblad said. "He can hold onto the puck and just wait for the other guy to move and pull it back, pull it back ... paying attention thats what Ive learned: just be more patient and poised with the puck and things will work out." Being paired with Pouliot allowed Ekblad a chance to ease into an event normally dominated by 19-year-olds. "Hes so good with the puck and so poised with it that it kind of lets me play more of a defensive game," he said. "I can kind of support him and let him do his thing and Ill be behind him if he makes a mistake or something like that." But Ekblad would not be able to maintain his prominent role on Team Canada without an ability to adapt quickly. Head coach Brent Sutter has already shown the leash will be short with players regardlesss of age as 16-year-old Connor McDavid found out on Saturday. Paul Kariya Jersey. . He was stapled to the bench after a pair of penalties in a loss to the Czech Republic and started the next game, Monday against Slovakia, as the 13th forward. "With young kids mistakes at this level are going to happen," said Sutter, "but Ekblad learns from it. Hes a sponge for the game. Thats what happens with an intelligent player: they pick things up quickly. You dont have to tell him twice. He gets it pretty quick." "If he does something a little off hell correct it right away," Pouliot said. "Thats what you have to do at this tournament and it shows how mature he is that hes able to make those switches on the fly." The latest tweak Ekblad has made has to do with the defensive side of his game. "I didnt block a shot in the Czech game, which was one of the things Ive been focusing on a lot since then," the Belle River, Ont. native said. "In the U.S. game I had quite a few blocks and tried to focus on making sure no pucks are getting through to the net." At Wednesdays practice, Ekblad and his teammates drew the ire of Sutter for a sloppy start to a drill. And Ekblad received the message loud and clear. "You can never be too precise. The takeaway was: lets get pucks on the stick. Lets do things right and things will work out for us." Ekblad has remained even-keeled even as Canada stumbled at times during the round robin. "Its been a roller-coaster of emotions throughout this entire tournament so far," he admits. Its also been a learning experience. "Ive just learned that at every level its going to get faster and faster and you have to be ready for it. You cant make the same mistakes twice. You have to just take in everything that happens out there and realize youre going to get better and learn things every day." Ekblad is relishing this opportunity, because he didnt think he was going to get it. Back in September he considered himself a longshot to make the squad after not being among the 35 players invited by Hockey Canada to a summer evaluation camp in Lake Placid, NY. And now here he is kibitzing with Dumba, who has been playing in the NHL this year with the Minnesota Wild. "Hes a good guy," said Ekblad. "Theres not much to say about him. He likes to just be a weird guy once in a while." "What?" Dumba, who was standing beside Ekblad in the interview area, exclaimed in mock horror. "What is this guy talking about? I cant even do these interviews." Both players laugh along with the assembled reporters. "Yeah," Ekblad says with a sigh, "we have a good time together." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Kontakt | Portal | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation