Es ist: 17.08.2018, 18:05 Hallo, Gast! (AnmeldenRegistrieren)
Neue Beiträge ansehen | Heutige Beiträge ansehen

Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
SALVADOR, Brazil -- Thomas Muller scored a hat trick as Germany turned on its style a
03.11.2017, 06:25
Beitrag: #1
SALVADOR, Brazil -- Thomas Muller scored a hat trick as Germany turned on its style a
SALVADOR, Brazil -- Thomas Muller scored a hat trick as Germany turned on its style and power to rout 10-man Portugal 4-0 in their World Cup Group G opener on Monday. Nestor Araujo Jersey . Muller, who scored five goals in the 2010 World Cup, was ruthless against a weak Portugal team that was clearly outplayed despite the presence of Cristiano Ronaldo. "To score three goals in the World Cup opener against such an opponent is great," Muller said. With Chancellor Angela Merkel supporting in the stands, the German team celebrated its 100th World Cup match with a rousing victory that was virtually assured by halftime. "After 20 minutes, we looked up at the clock and thought it was going to be a long day," Muller said. "But we got into the match very well and when you lead by 2-0 in this heat and then even get the third, it was all over." Germany always aims to have an impressive start and it certainly did this time. Four years ago, it started with a 4-0 win over Australia and reached the semifinals. What must be worrying for Germanys opponents is the apparent ease with which Joachim Loews lineup disposed of the fourth-ranked team in the world. Germany next faces Ghana on June 21 and the United States on June 26. Germany coach Joachim Loew said his team implemented his game plan very well, winning the ball in midfield and then quickly attacking. Muller scored either side of Mats Hummels headed goal as Germany took a 3-0 lead at the break, and added his third goal in the 81st. Ronaldo started at Arena Fonte Nova after overcoming a knee injury. He faded after threatening early in the match, including a shot from a break that Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer could only block, but there was nobody from Portugal to pounce on the rebound. "We lost the game already in the first half," Portugal coach Paulo Bento said. "We couldnt come back in the second. Germany played very well, we couldnt do anything." Portugal was already 2-0 down before Pepe was red carded in the 37th minute for apparently head-butting Muller when the German player was sitting on the ground. Pepe had stuck his hand into Muellers face and the German went down. "I got hit but after that I am not really sure what happened," Muller said. It was Mueller who opened the scoring in the 12th minute after Mario Goetze had been pulled down by Joao Pereira in the box, coolly slotting the penalty kick into the right corner of Rui Patricios goal. "Ive been in some big matches before, so its not like I was afraid," Muller said. Hummels had risen above Pepe to double Germanys lead with a well-timed header from a corner in the 32nd, and Muller extended the buffer just before the break when he stripped the ball from Bruno Alves and drilled in a low shot. The Bayern Munich forward completed the rout late in the second half, poking in from close range after Patricio had fumbled a low cross from substitute Andre Schuerrle. He said the margin should have been bigger. "We should have used some of our chances better," Muller said, adding that it was hard to play in midday heat and humidity. Portugals chances were limited. Ronaldo fired a powerful free kick late in the match but Neuer punched it away. Portugal also lost big striker Hugo Almeida to an injury. He was replaced by Eder in the 28th. Fabio Coentrao injured a groin muscle and was helped off the field in 65th, to be replaced by Andre Almeida. Hummels then limped off the field with a right-knee injury, giving substitute defender Shkodran Mustafi his second cap. Germany could have scored more goals after the break but Mario Goetze and Mesut Ozil wasted good chances. In the second Group D match later Monday, the United States was playing Ghana at Natal. Raul Jimenez Jersey .C. -- Benn Ferrieros familiar with scoring important goals, just not in back-to-back games. Rafael Marquez Jersey . Yet heading to New York, the Habs remain positive as it all comes down to the one main ingredient that the organization has built its team on - character. http://www.soccermexicojerseysteamshop.c...co-jersey/ . - Aroldis Chapman, with two black eyes, has returned to the Cincinnati Reds clubhouse four days after being hit in the face by a line drive. KVITFJELL, Norway -- Erik Guay has never been a fan of skiing with pain but is showing he can adapt and overcome. The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. And it came on one of his favourite courses as two of his victories and four of his 22 podium finishes have come at Kvitfjell, where theres a super-G scheduled for Sunday. "There are a lot of similarities (between Norway and Quebec)," Guay said during a conference call. "When I left Quebec it was raining and warm and thats pretty much exactly what its here but it can easily be -30 C, again, a lot like Quebec. "I feel comfortable when I come here." Guay finished fourth in a downhill event Friday. The impressive showings came following a respectable 10th-place effort in the downhill at the Sochi Games. But Guay said he battled knee issues in Russia. He had knee surgery in the summer and claimed a World Cup downhill in Val Gardena, Italy, in December but didnt feel anywhere near 100 per cent in Sochi. "It (knee) affected me a lot," he said. "I have a hard time skiing through pain, I have a hard time really finding that courage, that determination to fight through it and push on the ski. "I was trying not to mention it too much in the media because I wanted to put it out of my head completely and sort of pretend and focus that it wasnt even there. You definitely have that on the brain and it was affecting me because I couldnt do a proper preparation for the Games." However, Guay said hes working on improving his mental ability to deal with injury much like teammate Jan Hudec of Calgary, who has overcome numerous ailments to succeed on the world scene. "The ideal situation is to not have that pain and I plan to deal with it in the off-season," Guay said. "Right now Im trying to work through it and I think its an important thing. "If I look at a guy like Jan Hudec, probably one of his biggest strengths is that strength and character he shows when he has those injuries. I know he skiis in a lot of pain so I like to watch those circumstances and try to emulate them. Its not always easy for me. I think when I dont feel 100 per cent its tough for me to go out and attack it but id like to think its getting better." Guay, 32, finished ahead of Frenchman Johan Clarey and Olympic champion Matthias Mayer of Austria. American Travis Ganong, who was third Friday, narrowly missed out on another podium, finishing 0.62 seconds back in fourth. Jesus Manuel Corona Jersey. Bode Miller, a bronze medallist in the super-G at the Sochi Olympics, was eighth. Conditions were overcast and a little foggy but unlike Fridays downhill the rain stayed away. Guay had a time of one minute 22.17 seconds, finishing 0.35 seconds ahead of Clarey -- who secured a third career podium. "Its difficult conditions, soft snow. I think you need a really well-balanced touch," Guay said. "If youre too aggressive or leaning in a little bit, its easy to lose (time)." Jeffrey Frisch of Mont-Tremblant finished 17th while Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 21st. Benjamin Thomsen of Invermere, B.C., was 43rd, finishing one spot ahead of Hudec. Other Canadians included: Conrad Pridy of Whistler, B.C., (50th), Torontos Dustin Cook (59th) and Morgan Pridy of Whistler (60th). Meanwhile, it was the best result of Clareys career. "It shows anything can happen, even late on. Better late than never," Clarey said. "Im not hugely confident at the moment and the Olympics were difficult for me to cope with mentally." Clarey had pondered retirement after the Sochi Games, where he didnt finish the downhill and was 19th in super-G. "This changes my ideas a little bit from a psychological point of view," he said. "Even though my knees still pretty banged up." Despite already having an Olympic gold medal, the 23-year-old Mayer clinched his first career podium in World Cup downhill and only his third overall. "I had a lot of things to do, with celebrating the Olympic victory back home. I hadnt much time for me to be prepared," Mayer said. "I can be happy with this result. Its very difficult to be fast here, with the soft snow its not the best conditions." Ganong finished fifth in the downhill at the Sochi Olympics. "I really thought I could (win), so I pushed a little harder and had a couple mistakes. I was able to make up a lot of time on the bottom and salvage fourth place," he said. "Its really fun skiing right now. Im having a good time and the results are coming." Olympic super-G champion Kjetil Jansrud of Norway, who tied for the win Friday with Austrian Georg Streitberger, placed fifth. "I made a couple of mistakes which I didnt think I would make," Jansrud said. "Fell on my inside ski a couple of times, I had to support myself on my hand." Overall World Cup leader Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway was tied for sixth with Switzerlands Silvan Zurbriggen. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Kontakt | Portal | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation