Es ist: 18.03.2018, 10:28 Hallo, Gast! (AnmeldenRegistrieren)
Neue Beiträge ansehen | Heutige Beiträge ansehen

Antwort schreiben 
  • 0 Bewertungen - 0 im Durchschnitt
WINNIPEG -- Buck Pierce says hes being given another chance to play the game he loves
05.02.2018, 10:07
Beitrag: #1
WINNIPEG -- Buck Pierce says hes being given another chance to play the game he loves
WINNIPEG -- Buck Pierce says hes being given another chance to play the game he loves with the B. Menelik Watson Jersey .C. Lions, but it still hurts to leave the Blue Bombers and his adopted home of Winnipeg. Pierce, who spent 3 1/2 seasons with the Bombers, was traded to the Lions on Sunday for Canadian receiver Akeem Foster. "I was sad at first, because I know what this place and this community means to me, and all the friendships on and off the field, outside these walls as well," Pierce said Monday in a gracious farewell. "Thats the first emotion." Despite the trade, Pierce said he wont really be leaving Winnipeg, where his fiancee lives and where he has business interests. "Its a place that I want to be. I will be here in the off-season," he said. "I will call it home and hopefully, some day in the future, I can be back in some aspect of the (Bombers) organization." His time in Winnipeg, like his previous tenure with the Lions in Vancouver, was marred by injury. Pierces best season was 2011, when he led the Bombers to the Grey Cup game, where Winnipeg dropped a 34-23 decision to the Lions. The next season was a major disappointment as he spent most of it on the injury list. After wrestling with the issue in the off-season, the Bombers opened 2013 with Pierce as their starter. But after managing only one win, he was hurt and replaced in the second half of the fourth game by Justin Goltz. Goltz and Max Hall have started since, with Pierce seeing action only as a backup. Hall really only played one game, injuring his hand on his first series in the second he started. Goltz too has struggled. He does get credit for Winnipegs second win of the season and first in their new stadium Sunday, although it owed more perhaps to a blitzing Bombers defence that sacked Saskatchewan quarterback Darian Durant eight times. The Bombers still have four quarterbacks: Goltz, Hall, Jason Boltus and newcomer Levi Brown, who is on the practice roster. Despite his feelings about Winnipeg, Pierce said he is glad to get another chance to be useful on a football field. "Im given an opportunity to go and still use my talents to help a team achieve their goal and I think as an athlete thats what you want and thats what being a pro is all about," he said. Pierce, who turns 32 in November, played with the Lions from 2005 to 2009 and says he knows their offence well, since many of the same coaches are still in place. "My role, as I see it right now, is to come and help, help Travis (Lulay), help the offence and add some depth," he said. Acting general manager Kyle Walters thanked Pierce for what he did for the team but said theyve decided to move on and go with their younger quarterbacks. He also said the deal gives them a talented young Canadian receiver in Akeem Foster. "Its sound philosophy in the CFL when you get a chance to add to your Canadian talent base, particularly at your starting positions, you do it to promote depth and competition," Walters said. Theoretically, the Bombers should be OK at that spot but have had trouble keeping the four they had in training camp healthy. As for quarterback, Walters said for the remainder of the season they may stick with the four they have, but that may change in the off-season with the Ottawa expansion draft looming. "It would be foolish in an organization not to explore all options in December into how to upgrade all the positions, especially the most important position on the field, which is the quarterback position," he said. "So if we think we can upgrade that spot, then we will." Karl Mecklenburg Jersey . However, the intensity and physicality that has characterized the postseason so far has caught Gretzky by surprise. "Its a little bit risqué right now," Gretzky told Philadelphia radio station 97. Donald Stephenson Jersey . -- Theres been so much talk about Mike Moustakas at the plate that the third baseman ignored the conversation Wednesday -- even after doing something positive. . Fourteen players were suspended last summer by Major League Baseball as part of the Biogenesis drug scandal, ranging from All-Stars to also-rans.DUNEDIN, Florida – The following players will make up the Blue Jays 38th opening day roster: STARTING ROTATION (in order of appearanceSmile R.A. Dickey, Drew Hutchison, Mark Buehrle, Brandon Morrow, Dustin McGowan. BULLPEN: Casey Janssen, Steve Delabar, Sergio Santos, Brett Cecil, Aaron Loup, Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond, Jeremy Jeffress. CATCHERS: Dioner Navarro, Josh Thole. INFIELDERS: Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, Jose Reyes, Brett Lawrie, Ryan Goins, Maicer Izturis. OUTFIELDERS: Jose Bautista, Colby Rasmus, Melky Cabrera, Moises Sierra. DISABLED LIST: J.A. Happ. Dustin McGowan typically isnt long-winded. Wednesday morning was no exception when he found out the news he would be starting the Blue Jays 38th home opener on April 4 against the New York Yankees. "I was kind of speechless," said McGowan. "I told them, thank you for the opportunity and Ill be ready." What this decision says about McGowan is one thing. What it says about the state of the Blue Jays starting rotation is another. First, McGowan, who turned 32 on March 24 and suddenly is the author of an unlikely story. At one time the organizations highly prized pitching prospect, McGowan cemented himself as a bona fide big leaguer when he won 12 games and posted a 4.08 ERA in 27 starts for the Blue Jays in 2007. The persistent shoulder problems began on July 8, 2008, when he was forced to leave a game against Baltimore after four innings. He wouldnt pitch again that year and his rehab took him into the 2009 season. McGowan was progressing before developing a cartilage problem in his knee, which required surgery. He missed all of 2010 with a torn rotator cuff. It wouldnt be until September 6, 2011, that McGowan would pitch in another big league game. He finished the season with the Blue Jays but returned to the disabled list out of spring training in 2012 with a foot problem. Later that summer, he was back under the knife for arthroscopic shoulder surgery. It wasnt until last season, when McGowan made 25 relief appearances, that he showed he could continue to pitch at the big league level. Late in the season, he expressed an interest in trying to be a starter one more time. It seemed unlikely at the time but, then again, the fact he pitched at all last year was proof McGowan could overcome seemingly insurmountable odds. "I always had the resolve to push through," said McGowan. "Theres no quitting in my blood. There was times I thought it may not happen anymore but it wouldnt be from lack of trying so I kept pushing hard for moments like this." "He was one of the top up-and-coming pitchers here in this organization a few years ago and we got a glimpse of it before he had his injuries," said manager John Gibbons. "Its pretty amazing in my mind that hes come back this far and looked this good. Were going to run with it and see where it takes us. Max Garcia Jersey. " Really, what option does Gibbons have? J.A. Happ, like Ricky Romero last spring, pitched his way out of the rotation with four poor Grapefruit League performances (20.57 ERA) and will begin the season on the disabled list. "He had that back issue earlier on," said Gibbons. "It hasnt been a big deal. Hes getting better but its something we think its limited him a little bit right now and its affecting him so hell go on the DL and hell get himself right and well look at it in the near future." Disabling Happ is nothing more than a paper move, which enables the Blue Jays to carry an eight-man bullpen to start the season. Each of Esmil Rogers, Todd Redmond and Jeremy Jeffress is out of options. When Happ is activated, someone will have to go. The Jays are simply delaying the inevitable. Gibbons confirmed Redmond is the next starter in line should there be an injury in the rotation. Meanwhile, Josh Thole beat out Erik Kratz for the second catchers job behind Dioner Navarro. "Hes got something special with Dickey," said Gibbons. "Hes caught him the last few years. Theres a little bit of something theyve got working so were going to run with that." Thole has caught Dickey for a total of 565 innings during their time together with the Mets and Blue Jays. While its expected the second catcher is going to have to play more this year, Navarro hasnt played in more than 89 games in any of the last four seasons, the ability to handle Dickeys knuckleball is being prioritized ahead of offence. "I think hes a better hitter than he showed last year," said Gibbons, referring to Tholes .175/.242/.216 slash line. "Hes made some adjustments but his number one job is to catch Dickey. Thats what hes here for. Well take whatever offence we can get." Kratz has an option remaining and will begin the season at Triple-A Buffalo. "He was disappointed," said Gibbons of Kratzs reaction to his demotion. "I mean, you expect him to be. It was a long time coming to get to the big leagues. Hed been up there a little bit with Pittsburgh and of course, Philly, and yeah, he was very disappointed and I dont blame him but the way were going to start this thing out, let Thole run with it. Our number one job, the big question mark is how good our starting pitching is going to be, weve got to take care of those guys." It appears it will be a short stay with the Blue Jays for utility infielder/outfielder Matt Tuiasosopo, who was informed on Wednesday he wouldnt make the opening day roster. He was seen leaving Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in street clothes. No formal roster move has been made. Tuiasosopo is out of options, meaning he will have to clear through waivers before being sent to the minor leagues. If he isnt picked up by another club, he would likely start in Buffalo. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Kontakt | Portal | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation